2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup skim milk
2 teaspoons orange zest (grated orange rind)
8 slices raisin bread
- In a shallow bowl combine the eggs, milk and orange zest.
- Dip the slices into the mixture one at a time, both sides until they are well coated.
- Fry in a large skillet sprayed with non fat cooking spray until both sides are golden brown. Serve hot with a little maple syrup or a light dusting of powdered sugar.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 2 slices
¾ cup pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup mashed tofu
2 tablespoons applesauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup unsweetened carob powder
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Mix together well with mixer until very smooth. If too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Spread batter in an 8-inch non-stick square pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake! Let cool about 10 minutes. Cut into squares.
Makes 16 servings. Serving size: 1 brownie
This recipe was the very first one I made with tofu.
It won me over!
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup cream of wheat cereal, uncooked
½ artificial sweetener
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 container (8-ounces) raspberry non-fat yogurt
1 cup egg substitute
¼ cup skim milk
¾ cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix flour, cereal, sweetener, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside. Blend yogurt, egg substitute, and milk until well blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended; stir in blueberries.
Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups. Fill cups ¾ full. Bake 20 minutes or until done.
Makes 12 servings. Serving size: 1 muffin
Blueberries are now recognized as one of the
richest sources of antioxidants!